Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Orange County? As a general rule, you have three major regions of your residence for camera installations: your front door, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Although your installation team is able to suggest where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Entryway
While you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions take place near the front door. You can also count package thieves among other threats to think about. A video doorbell is perfect to handle these concerns with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you are able to converse with any visitors who approach and ring the bell. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to respond to each instance with two-direction audio and real-time footage and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor begins doing something criminal, you will have your camera automatically document the event on video and send it to your cell phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are a handful of suggestions to help ensure you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Orange County house allow for a large field-of-view, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or straight into a piece of trim or siding are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by your home.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more likely access point for invaders than you may know!
- Above a back porch or rear door -- or any entrance not visible from the road.
For each installation, you should always prune any brush and branches that may block your view.
Suggestions For Getting The Most From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Orange County. However, the added adaptability results in there being more factors to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine from a window may create a glare and impact the clarity of your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: Just like an observation deck, a video camera installed in a higher spot will have a broader view. You might situate your cameras on top of bookcases or mounted on the ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera will lose its ability to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets can’t tamper with them. You could try mounting or a different method to secure them to be certain they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top surveillance system won’t do much good if you’ve got a plant blocking the view. However, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to cloak your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and security devices, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (714) 475-2212 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.