How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Orange County
You realize you need to protect your home. After all, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home defense? Determining if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Explore the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Orange County and see what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection connects to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to offer assistance at all times. If an entrypoint sensor trips or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring agents get an immediate warning. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and contact the applicable emergency services.
Conversely, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional support. You could think of this option as self-monitored, which indicates that if your system is tripped, you need to take action to resolve it. This option is the more affordable route, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Orange County
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always wise. If you are not on site, asleep, or without access to your phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Speedier response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll respond faster to emergencies than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a homeowners insurance reduction.
- Top-of-the-line equipment and flawless integration: When you get hardware, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will gain access to a fully connected system with components that may be superior to what you will come across on your own.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will have a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Countless people prefer to have work completed by experienced experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This may be satisfactory for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Orange County
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Self-installation: Do-it-yourselfers might deem this to be a pro as they can install the system themselves and avoid an added charge. Others will want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may incorporate components when you wish - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you might find integrating into a cohesive system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be a third party monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency arises, you’re in control of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support system: What if you don’t have your smartphone and don’t see a security notification? This situation will lead to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: As you are the sole person in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No help hooking up the system: If you require a helping hand during the installation, you might have to hire a separate service professional. The installation is also likely to be more time-consuming.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Orange County
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Orange County from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the best solution for your family. Dial (714) 475-2212 today to get started.