Should You Use Wireless Home Security Systems In Orange County?
It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only choice when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of placing a video camera on a table or managing your components with a smartphone. However, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless systems. You presently have an array of added advantages at your disposal -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and easy system set ups. Wireless home security systems in Orange County will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
What To Consider When Going Wireless
Most importantly, wireless home security systems need a stable connection to the internet to perform in a proper fashion. If you have access to high-performance internet and a capable Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless setup.
If you have concerns about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have battery and cellular backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring professionals indefinitely.
When you reside in a more rural area without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It may also make more sense from a financial standpoint to go the traditional route if you move into a house that currently has wiring for security components in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both wired and wireless home security systems in Orange County will enhance the safety of your property, which is the main purpose to start with. But, if you welcome the idea of having the most advanced features, check out these perks of wireless:
- Access from any location: Gain access to all the components in your home from your lighting to your thermostat right from your mobile device utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see footage from cameras, switch on your lights, and even turn on your alarm in the event you didn’t remember to do so. When an intrusion or emergency does occur, you are able to have updates sent directly to your smartphone.
- Easy to install and customize: You won’t have to concern yourself with the endless wiring, drywall damage, and lengthy installations. The great thing about wireless gadgets is that you are able to put them practically anywhere and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you would like to customize at a later time with new equipment, integrating components into your network is easy.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices a possibility with fast, bi-directional communications. Program your system to perform a function in specific situations to boost your security and dissuade home invasions. For instance, if your exterior camera discovers suspicious activity on your property, it may automatically signal your entryway lights to engage.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Orange County
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Orange County have proven to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you have some hesitations about utilizing one. The following are some of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless elements might run out of power. While this might be true, your smart implements will alert you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors usually have to be placed within a specified distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to boost your flexibility.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the fear of hacking persists. You can take steps to minimize the chance of this happening by utilizing secure passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and selecting a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only use security devices with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to take advantage of the latest in Orange County wireless home security? Contact us at (714) 475-2212 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the perfect package for your home.