Security cameras can solely be installed as a hindrance—a display that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, the latest security cameras arrive armed with an array of features all tailor-made to enable all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools empower you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Orange County.
How To Set Up Your Orange County Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is placing the components in the proper areas around your living space. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic areas such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart move to have a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your patio, driveway, and backyard, shed, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas around your home that are less important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the room can hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you want some type of device in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the foundation for utilizing the most out of home security cameras in Orange County. The innovations listed below help to elevate security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your mobile device whenever unusual activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way talk: The majority of current security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone via the device. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside or welcome your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, provides a more complete view of an area. Look for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: To make security notifications more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and ignore traffic passing or foot traffic.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Orange County is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (714) 475-2212 or complete the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.