The latest home security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it doesn't take much to fail to complete basic security tasks like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks again? When you implement geofencing in Orange County, you can simply leave the driveway and make your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Orange County For your Security System?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your residence, which you may set up in your smartphone app. The technology then uses your phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to share information with other connected equipment. The technology takes smart home devices further by grouping all devices onto the same network. You are then able to draw specific boundaries around your house and program the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
To illustrate, shortly after you leave your premises, you could set your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are several of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home’s security system in Orange County. When you download the security app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to turn down to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices engage when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera notices unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Have your lights lower, the thermostat go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Orange County
Whether you’re looking for added reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our representatives today at (714) 475-2212 or submit the form on this page to get started on your optimal security system.